The AGR Conference
Sue Tye, Managing Director of Strategis will be speaking at this year AGR conference. Due to be held at the Celtic Manor Hotel, Newport Wales on the 9th & 10th July, this is a professional event attended by many companies and individuals who are responsible for the recruitment and development of graduates.
Our showcase is “Going for Triple Gold” in the context of Employability and to complement the AGR Conference’s Olympic inspired theme “Getting Ahead of the Game”.
We will set out the challenges experienced and the innovative approach to aid:
- Students and Universities in maximising the number of graduates who are able to secure employment in a decreasing job market - can coaching improve employment results?
- Corporates in identifying high performing graduates other than via their degree results.
- Corporates in developing reality based learning opportunities which inspire long term behavioural change.
Joining Sue in the showcase will be a variety of people to give three very different perspectives. Together they will share how the intersection of these challenges provide a rich learning experience through the collaboration of undergraduates, universities, employers and their talent group:
- Linda Buckham, Director, Careers and Employability Centre at University of Sussex and Thalia Anagnostopoulou, Widening Participation Project Officer at City University London, will share their views from a University perspective.
- Emily Oldfield, a final year student from University of Sussex, will provide feedback on her experience of being coached
- Louise Bohlin and David Wright, both part of Logica’s Aspire Talent programme, will voice their insights as to how such an approach helped them develop essential leadership capabilities in coaching.
The group will also be joined by two actors from Actors in Industry who will enhance the interactivity of the showcase and provide brief sketches of the types of coaching experiences. After hearing the different perspectives, the finale of the showcase will be a question and answer session for all of the participants.
We are extremely excited to be able to pass on our knowledge and enthusiasm of working in collaboration with undergraduates, universities and corporates on the very important challenge of Employability and to such a diverse audience.
Expert Mentoring Faculty
The Strategis team has extensive skills, knowledge and real experience gained in corporate and commercial roles. All of our people have held senior roles in high profile, global organisations and have proven track records in commercial life. To support your needs, we have established an Expert Mentoring Faculty at Strategis.
This is in addition to our existing coaching faculty which helps individuals, from graduate through to executive levels, achieve stretch performance or development goals. Our people can help your people with real business challenges in a number of diverse areas of business including; Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Business Transformation, HR Transformation, Outsourcing & Offshoring, Mergers & Acquisitions, Brand Management & Marketing, Co-Branding & Strategic Alliances, International Leadership, Networking & Relationship Management.
If you think we can help to expedite your learning curve and aid your confidence and judgement, please contact us for more details.
Consortium Graduate Programme - would you like to offer a blue-chip solution to graduate development?
We are about to launch our Consortium Graduate Programme with a number of blue-chip organisations. If you recruit only a handful of graduates a year but still want to provide them with leading edge development, then we may have the answer for you.
Strategis is pioneering the concept of a consortium graduate programme, where 3 to 4 employers from non-competing industry sectors combine to provide a 12 - 18 month development programme.
If you think this is right for your organisation, please contact us for more details